Effective Healthy Recipes for Weight Loss
It is easy to make a smoothie for your breakfast or eat a low-carb snack between your office breaks. But does that really help you in your weight loss journey? Well, the thing there is you need a proper meal that will keep you full and work for your weight loss journey! It seems impossible or rather pretty hectic but we’ve got you covered. You will find some wholesome meals that keep you satiated and fulfill your cravings.
When you are in the process of weight loss, you need to know that it does not mean you need to cut off your favorite food. Your meal should be an enjoyable experience, providing you with a sense of contentment. When you will be preparing the recipe, you will have to focus on selecting the wholesome, nutritious foods that you enjoy.
Say goodbye to salads, flavorless chicken or just veggie soup. We’ve got you covered with healthy weight loss recipes that are flavorful as well as wholesome. Here are some of the top daily recipes that you can opt for for your weight loss.
Healthy Recipes for Weight Loss
1. Skillet Salsa Shrimp With Feta Cheese and Spinach
It is mainly a 15 min recipe. You are converting your favorite jar of salsa into a proper base for your shrimp, cheese and spinach combination.
- 8 oz Tomato Sauce
- 20 peeled shrimp
- 1.4th cup crumbled feta
- ½ cup salsa sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves of finely chopped garlic
- 3 strips of lemon zest
- In a pan, heat the olive oil followed by lemon zest and garlic. Cook them on medium flame.
- Add the salsa and tomato together. Bring it to a shimmer.
- Put the shrimp in the mixture. Let it look for 5 min.
- Fold in spinach and let it look until it wilts. Shrimp should look properly cooked.
- Once done, sprinkle the feta on top and relish your meal.
2. Chipotle Chicken Fajitas
It takes you 30 min to prepare the meal, better suited for dinner. Packed with tons of flavor, it even includes tortillas as well as cheddar cheese.
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1 tsp. ground cumin, chili powder, kosher salt, black pepper
- 1 tbsp. canola/olive oil
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 small sliced onion
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp. chopped chipotle
- 1 1/2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 8 warmed Tortillas
- Cheddar Cheese, Cilantro and Lime for serving
- Season the chicken with ground cumin, chili powder, black pepper and salt.
- In a large iron skillet, add the chicken and let it cook on medium flame. Close the lid for 5 to 6 min.
- Transfer it to a plate.
- Now, add the rest of the ingredients in the same skillet. Stir the chipotle chiles, lime juice and chicken with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Stir and cook until heated. Make sure that it is well cooked.
- You may serve it with your choice of veggies.
3. Roasted Chicken With Kale
Packed with 38 grams of protein, this crowd-pleasing recipe takes 40 min to prepare. You will come across the flavor of green olives, herbs and lemon, a wholesome meal for your weight loss.
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp of thyme leaves
- ½ cup green olives
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 4 small chicken legs
- 4 cups of baby kales
- 1 lb of yellow potatoes
- Kosher salt, pepper and lemon (according to taste)
- Heat your oven to 425 degrees F. On a large baking sheet, toss potatoes, thyme and green olives brushed with oil, salt and pepper.
- Place lemon halves in between the chicken.
- Take a small bowl. Mix paprika, oil, salt and pepper. Rub the mixture all over the chicken, transferring it to the baking sheet.
- Roast the chicken until golden brown. Cook it for 30 min.
- Transfer the chicken to a plate, spread some freshly washed kale or sauté it in a pan for a min. Put it with the potatoes and enjoy your meal.
4. Fish Chowder Pan Bake
A summer staple and a meal package. This recipe is packed with potatoes, bacon, onion, and delicate cod that is well-roasted and served together on a plate.
- 1 lb potatoes
- 2 small sliced red onions
- 4 slices of bacon
- 1 tbsp. mustard and mayonnaise
- Finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tbsp. olive oil and thyme leaves
- Heat your oven to 450°F. Bake potatoes and onions in the center of the baking sheet, placing the bacon on the top, and roasting it for 10 min.
- In a small bowl, mix mustard, mayonnaise, and lemon zest.
- In another bowl, mix panko with oil followed by thyme.
- Season the fish with ½ tsp. pepper. Later spread both the mayo mixture with panko.
- Place the fish among the veggies and roast until the fish is opaque. Potatoes should be golden brown and tender. This might take 12-15 min.
5. Tempeh Lettuce Wraps
It’s a 20 min vegetarian recipe with excellent nutrients and keeps your stomach full of flavors. A dollop of greek yogurt at the end is the cherry on top of the cake.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 small red onion and zucchini
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- Kosher salt, oil and pepper
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- Boston lettuce
- Greek yogurt
- Heat oven to 450°F. Cook quinoa as mentioned in your package.
- Cut the zucchini into halves and 1-inch pieces. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss zucchini, onion, and grape tomatoes with olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Roast it for 12-15 min. Transfer it to a bowl.
- Add quinoa to the bowl of veggies with tempeh and red cabbage. Toss with well.
- Separate the lettuce head. Fill the leaves with the mixture, adding mint leaves and a dollop of Greek yogurt.
6. Tilapia with Spiral Zucchini
Enhance your spiralized zucchini with briny capers, fresh parsley and bright lemon. It’s a wholesome meal that you would want to make again and again.
- 1 ½ lb zucchini
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 4 small filets of Tilapia
- 1 lemon cut into halves
- 2 cloves of thinly sliced garlic
- Flat leaf parsley and capers
- Heat oven to 475°F.
- Take a large-rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- With the help of a spiralizer, cut the zucchini into spirals.
- Toss it with 1 tbsp oil and need salt and pepper. Make sure that you are roasting it for 15 min.
- Let it turn golden brown in color.
- In a large iron skillet, heat 1 tbsp. oil on medium-high, season fish with salt and pepper. Cook until it turns opaque.
- Add the remaining oil to the skillet with lemon, garlic and capers. Stir it well until golden brown. Toss with parsley followed by spooning over tilapia and zucchini.
7. Shrimp, Egg & Avocado Salad
It is one of a kind salad that will keep you full whether it is for dinner or lunch. The ingredients in the salad are all healthy and are a source to a weight-loss journey.
- 1 thinly sliced red onion
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp. lime juice
- 12 oz. large peeled shrimp
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 8 c. butter lettuce
- Cilantro leaves, avocado and 2 hard-boiled eggs.
- In a large bowl, toss lime juice, onion, ½ tbsp oil. Let it sit for 5 min.
- Heat 1⁄2 tbsp. oil in a large skillet on medium flame. Season the shrimps with salt and pepper until they turn opaque.
- Toss the rest of the ingredients into it in a bowl and relish your healthy salad with dressing.
8. Salmon with roasted cauliflower
Use of simple ingredients to have a lip-smacking healthy dinner that makes your heart content. You may even add quinoa to it.
- 1 large cauliflower cut into pieces
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 4-6 oz. salmon filet
- 2 cloves of finely chopped garlic
- Freshly cut parsley and 1 tbsp. capers
- Heat your oven to 450 degrees F. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss the cauliflower with olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast until they turn golden brown for 15 min.
- Heat 2 tbsp. oil in a skillet, season the salmon with salt and pepper until they turn opaque.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to it and season it for 2-3 min more.
- Transfer it to a bowl or plate, and add the cauliflower tossed with garlic & parsley. Serve hot with salmon.
9. Greek Salad Pasta
A healthy wholesome meal that keeps you in your daily calories. Mixing all the best ingredients that will provide you with the best taste, keeping you in shape.
- 1/2 lb. orecchiette
- 4 thin sliced chicken cutlets
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp. virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar and dried oregano
- ½ cut English cucumber, cherry tomatoes, olives and red onion
- ¼ c. feta cheese (crumbled)
- In a pot of boiling water, cook the pasta well.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- On a grill pan, spray some oil, add the chicken and cook well for 5 mins.
- Once cooked, you may convert it into shredded chicken or bite size pieces.
- In a bowl, mix the rest of the ingredients well. This includes, olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt, pepper, tomatoes, cucumber, onion, feta and dill.
- Drain the pasta, toss it in the bowl and season it with salt and pepper. Serve hot.
10. Spicy Tofu Tacos
Crumbling up tofu in peppers, chile and garlic is more of a healthier version of spicy tacos. You will eat only 230 calories per serving. It is the perfect meal for your dinner time.
- 24 Ounces Firm tofu (not silken)
- 4 tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. each lime juice and chili powder
- 2 tsp. cumin, garlic powder, and cayenne
- 4 cups of shredded cabbage
- 3 tbsp. seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- Corn tortillas
- Drain the tofu well and press out the excess water with the help of paper towels. Cut it into small cubes.
- Toss it well with soy sauce, lime juice, chili powder, cumin powder, garlic powder and cayenne in a large bowl.
- Let it sit for 10 min.
- In a large non-stick pan, add the mixture and sauté for 10 min.
- Combine the cabbage in a bowl.
- Take the tortillas and heat them in the microwave until it is crisp.
- Now, add the mixture in the tortillas served with cilantro-garlic oil or ant dressing of your choice.
Healthy eating does not always mean to be only fruits and boiled flavorless veggies or chicken. You can add spices in a way that will keep the diet on track. There are ample recipes that you can opt for, just using the right ingredient and in taking the right quantity makes the drill.